Bullet In The Brain by Tobias Wolff(1995)


rating:8.5

I don't understand this story well because the message is something so philosophical and vague. The story is plotless, and the main character, Anders behaves weirdly. Thus, I focused on the feelings of the story and imagined that if I was Anders. 

What will pop into my mind if I'm going to die? After I imagined it, I could slightly understand why Anders did not remember his loving people or great event in his life. If I was Anders, I also might not think of my family or influential people in my life. Of course, they were important in my life, but they can't determine my life. Though I'm young, I think life is a complex sequence of similar events and people. Too many events and too many people mess my life up. I envy Anders in this context. I haven't found some fundamental theme that integrates my life yet. It is meaningful trying to find the worth of my life. 

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

The Semplica-Girl Diaries by George Saunders(2012)

The Tower by Marghanita Laski (1955)

A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings by Gabriel Garcia Marquez